Ask an expert

28 Nov 2011

Elbow injury
Hi doc!

3 months ago I ran into the house to answer the phone and tripped on a doorstop and fell straight on my elbow. After 2 weeks of pain I decided to consult my doctor. She sent me for x-rays which revealed no broken or cracked bones but she said there was a fluid build-up around the joint and gave me daily exercises to do.

After 3 months of attempting to straighten my arm my elbow still hurts and ''wobbles'' when I stretch it too far.

Is there anything I can apply to speed up the healing process? Should I go for another x-ray?

Kind Regards
Answer 284 views

01 Jan 0001


I suggest that you consult an orthopedic surgeon for an examination, as it is possible that you have severely injured a tendon or soft tissue in your elbow. In the interim, you can apply Transact patches to your elbow to alleviate the pain. This is available over the counter.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.