Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
15 Apr 2005
Experation date on medication
My fiancee beleives he can still take medicine even if it is expired. I try to tell him it is no longer active and could may make him sick. Can you tell me the precautions, if any?
Fossyy, the safest would be to not take anything that has expired. Medicine doesn’t become ineffective/dangerous the moment it is older than the expiry date, but no guarantees re given if you use it after the expiry date. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- What are the symptoms of Omicron?
- Covid:19: One in 10 people may still be infectious after 10-day isolation, new study suggests
- Vapers more likely to experience severe Covid-19 symptoms, study finds
- Why does Omicron appear to cause less severe disease than previous variants?
- T-cells: The superheroes in the battle against Omicron
- St Andrew's headmaster 'breached his duty' by not taking appropriate steps against David Mackenzie
- ANALYSIS | Stalingrad 2.0: Zuma plans second corruption trial appeal bid, even before ruling on the first
- Employment ministry condemns Malema's 'dangerous' labour inspections as EFF leader digs in heels
- Kaap Agri's shares climb as fuel subsidiary plans to bulk up BEE ownership
- Western Cape ANC leaders rush to Kannaland after councillors form coalition without party mandate
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
28% - 9789 votes
72% - 24595 votes