Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
02 Feb 2003
fever still high
My childs fever is still high between 37.5 and 39.5 after 4 days medication with antibiotics and fever lowering medications. Tests shows negative on malaria and tick fever. What can be other causes and what treatments do you suggest.
Neil, the fever may be caused by any infection – bacterial, viral or parasitic. The best would be to take him back to the doctor and find the cause. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Some Covid-19 'long-haulers' showing signs of fatigue, mood disorders three months after infection
- Questions about stability of Covid-19 platform on Day 1 of second phase vaccinations
- THE ESKOM FILES | Coming home to roost: How big business helped fund Eskom exec’s chicken farm
- ANALYSIS | After demanding his trial start, is Zuma finally going to plead to the case against him?
- Adriaan Basson | Tata ma chance, tata ma Covid-19 vaccines
- 'He flooded Cape Flats communities with guns' - anger over former cop's release
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9475 votes
68% - 20309 votes