Ask an expert

30 Aug 2011

Dear Doc, I am a 40 year old woman and get aches on and off . Sometimes on my right hand side hip, and sometimes anywhere inbetween to lower pelvis. What could this be? Could it be fibromyalgia? What can i take for the pain? Thank you very much.
Answer 388 views

01 Jan 0001

I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination, in order to have a proper diagnosis made. It is possible that it is due to fibromyalgia but your doctor will also have to investigate other possibilities. An x-ray should be taken of your hip to further investigate the cause of your pain.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9430 votes
68% - 19924 votes