Ask an expert

08 Feb 2010

Foreskin issues
Until lately I thought it was a normal thing but I spoke to my brother and he said there' s something down under:

Is it true that my foreskin is suppose to retract over my glands? With me, my foreskin only goes as far as the penis head, if I pull it further it flips under my gland and I can feel blood pressure building up and it gets painful and I struggle to contract the skin over my head again ... I thought it was normal but my bro said it isn' t? What should I do to fix this? I also once tried a condom on but the intructions said I had to retract my foreskin and put the condom over, but obviously I was unable to do?

Can you help me with this issue? I am gay and don' t feel comfortable talking about my penis with the doctor.

Regards! M
Answer 406 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo M
Your brother is right - you may have a narrowed foreskin and pulling it back behind the head of the penis may be dangerous for you ( it cuts off the blood flow to the penis head) I think you should see an urologist as you may need a small operation or stretching under anaesthetic to fix this. You can also be circumcised if you want to. You don't have to tell the doctor your sexual preferences if this will make you feel uncomfortable - it is irrelevant to your problem.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.