Ask an expert

14 Jan 2010

fungal infection
I have a fungal infection on my underarm causing a foul smell.My doctor once suggested I do a skin test to detect the exact kind of fungi on the skin as I have tried different kind of antibiotics and untifungal creams without any success.Is it possible for me to go to laborotories for these test .And where would you suggest i go to. Kind regards.
Answer 504 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Zorro
You can go to any laboratory (Ampath/Lancet/Du Buisson) in your area and ask that they do a swab of the area and send it for MCS. (microscopy, culture, sensitivity)
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9471 votes
68% - 20283 votes