Ask an expert

10 Nov 2008

I want to go for a genral checkup just to see if all is in tact and all is working. Can i do it at a general GP or not. I want them to check everything, Cholestrol, heart etc. EVERYTHING.Cause i never get to the docter. Can it be done at a GP and what do i ask for?
Answer 374 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Mike
You can do this at your GP. He should ask you about your family history and risk factors to decide which areas need special attention. You can ask him to check your urine, blood pressure, do a full examination of lungs, heart and abdomen, check your cholesterol, sugar, PSA if you are over 40, a full blood count, liverfunctions and kidney functions test as a base.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.