Ask an expert

31 Aug 2011

Gout - Need advice on where to purchase
I would like to know where I can purchase this in South Africa I am from Cape Town - Elsies river to be precise, and I need to find this product for my dad as he is suffering from Gout and needs a reliever for the pain I also read about Flamasil and Goutezol, but see it''s only available in USA, if you can assist it would be highly appreciated, and if possible price.
The Juniper Berry Oil, where can I purchase it and how do a person use it?

Thank you in advance Bronwyn

Answer 3,973 views

01 Jan 0001


Unfortunately, I am not familiar with these products. Ask your pharmacist, as he/she will be able to advise.

Please remember that gout is treatable. Your father should consult a doctor for blood tests, in order to get a baseline reading of his gout. His doctor will be able to give him a script for a product like Puricos. Acute attacks can be treated with anti-inflammatory medication, cortico-steroids and Colchicine. Also note that he also has to follow a strict diet to control his gout, as the medication will not have the desired effect if he defaults on his diet. Ask a dietrician for advice.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9439 votes
68% - 20033 votes