Ask an expert

19 Jan 2006

H-pylori bacteria
Good day I have a few questions,

How can my Dr check or test for the H-pylori bacteria,I also
wanted to go for a chest x-ray , but my dr advise me not he said
that you can only see big trouble over a period of 20 years.Is this true,but cant you pickup tb or any other conditions, I have this pain within my chest at the back(leftupperside).

please give info.
Answer 343 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Questions,
You can only check for H Pylori after having a gastroscopy ( swallowing a camera) - usually done by a gastroenterologist.
You can have a CXR as a screen - your dr probably thought that he did not see any physical signs of problems but you are entitled to insist on a screening Chest X/r if you are willing to pay for it.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.