Ask an expert

07 Feb 2003

hair on eyelid growing inwards
i am 73 years old, some of the hair on my bottom eyelid grows inwards and scratches/irritates my eyes - i have to remove it with tweezers to stop the irritation. I wear spectacles about 60% of the day. what is causing it and what can be done?
Answer 392 views

01 Jan 0001

Hannah, as you get older the fascia (connective tissue) of the eyelid may degenerate and this may cause the eyelid to turn towards they eye. It is called entropion and can be rectified by surgery to the eyelid. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.