Ask an expert

21 Jul 2011

Head of my penis is extremely sensitive at the moment
Hello Doctor

For the past week, the head of my penis has been very sensitive. I am circumcized so it rubs against my underwear the whole time with the result that I get an erection - the erection doesn''t go away because of the intense sensitivity and it''s making it difficult for me to work because I can''t leave my desk. To make things worse, because of the sensitivity, my penis releases that transparent substance in large quantities, so much so that it comes through my pants. Why is it suddenly so sensitive and what can I do to decrease the sensitivity?

Answer 3,265 views

01 Jan 0001


You will have to consult an urologist for advice. In the interim, you can apply Remicaine Jelly to your penis. Unfortunately, you can not use this for an extended period, as this is a local anaesthetic gel. It will decrease the sensation, as it is absorbed through the thin skin of the glands.

It will be a good idea to consult the urologist as soon as possible.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19886 votes