Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
15 Mar 2003
HELP....I have for the last +-1 week noticed that my right foot
is very swollen and sore late in the afternoon,the problem has now moved to my left foot aswell and the swelling too is moving up my leg (Knee height as I am typing)...When I push my fingers into the swollen area it leaves a dent....Is this water retention "sp",if so what can I do about it..I too would like to know if it is dangerous....My wife is very worried but I try make a joke of it,although I am very very scared....
SF, if it hasn’t cleared up by the time you receive this reply, you should see your doctor a.s.a.p. It might be nothing, but it might be a sign of something serious like anaemia, kidney problems, circulation problems, etc. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Obesity linked to increased in-hospital mortality in Covid-19 patients, especially men
- Anxiety around illness in childhood and adolescence can become chronic
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Covid-19: Move to a stricter lockdown level, experts warn as third wave looms
- Witnesses out to get me, Lucky Montana tells Zondo about his properties
- Humble rooibos is now a superfood, and SA could be cashing in
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule suspension: Cue the battle of the ANC branches
- Taxpayers will foot the bill while ANC MPs 'step aside'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9470 votes
68% - 20251 votes