Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
31 Mar 2003
Hepatitus or T.B.
I had hepatitus A, and someone I knew later got fluid on the lungs and the doctors said that it was probably T.B. , but they couldn't do tests because of her lungs, she has night sweats and can't eat fatty food or drink alcohol without feeling sick, could it be hepatitus instead of T.B. or both, they did however put her on T.B. medication and the fluid went away but the sweats and eating and drinking problems persist, can hepatitus cause fluid on the lungs in anyway or agrevate it?
Rocko, it is possible to have both diseases at the same time, but from this side of the screen it sounds more like TB than hepatitis. Severe hepatitis can lead to fluid on the lungs if it affects albumin synthesis, but by the time that happens you will have been admitted to the hospital already. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Obesity linked to increased in-hospital mortality in Covid-19 patients, especially men
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Covid-19: Move to a stricter lockdown level, experts warn as third wave looms
- Witnesses out to get me, Lucky Montana tells Zondo about his properties
- Humble rooibos is now a superfood, and SA could be cashing in
- Ofentse Mokwena | Recommendations to fix the transport industry are too little, too late
- Who is Prince Misuzulu?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9470 votes
68% - 20265 votes