Ask an expert

06 Oct 2006

My borother passed away in august, he went missing on the saturday 19/08/2006 and they found his body 23/08/2006, they say that he commited suicide, but the police feel otherwise, I have been trying to find out from the morgue if they can give me a time of death, on what day estimated did he die, but they seem so useless, as if they dont even know what they are doing, they did the pm, and all they said was death by history of strangelation,hanging, is it not compulsory for them to do a time of death, how will i ever know when he died, i cant live the rest of my life wondering.

Please advise if possible
Answer 421 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear S
You can ask the police for a copy of the autopsy report - in that the criminal pathologist will definitely give an estimated time of death. They may not be willing to give it to you until the case is fully examined. This can be so traumatic - please do yourself a favour and talk about this with a psycologist - although one feels that you can handle it, it really can haunt you for years afterwards.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.