Ask an expert

03 Mar 2010

Husbands belly ache
A while ago my husband suffered with excruciating pain in the area between his abdomen and his chest and in spite of all the tests they couldn''t find anything wrong with him. Now it has flared up again and he doesn''t want to go to the hospital because they didn''t find anything wrong. His liver was checked about a year ago and not in a good state. Could it be his liver and who would be the specialist to see to help him?
Answer 453 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Jackie
Pain at the pit of the stomach could be due to gastritis ( inflammation of the lining of the stomach), spasm of the esophagus, acid reflux, pancreatitis or a stone in the gall duct. A Gastroenterologist will be a good type of specialist to see.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20213 votes