Ask an expert

18 Jan 2006

Hyperhidrosis in SA
I am very interested in treatments for Hhyperhidrosis. I tried Driclor it for the first time last week and although it really burns upon application, it really really works, which is fantastic. I would also like more info on surgery. I have researched on the internet and it seems as though many people do it. What are the costs involved? I have also heard of a product called PerspireX. Is this available in SA. If so, how can I find it?
Answer 504 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear HH,
Driclor is safe to use as it is an application on the outside of the body. Where did you buy it?
Surgery has been used for years - just contact a neurosurgeon as not every surgeon can do it. Cost will vary depending on hospital and surgeon. You could contact your nearest big hospital and ask the dr for a quotation.
I haven't heard of PerspireX but a big pharmacy like Dischem will probably be able to find out where one can buy it.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.