Ask an expert

10 Jan 2006

I'm 29, have hypospadias. I want to get the name of a doctor in Cape Town that can maybe help me. I want to know if it can be corrected. I want to get married at the end of this year, and don't want it to be a problem for me. I do get an erection, but not that strong, and really bent downwards. This condition has always been a big problem for me. I only last year, heard about hypospadias for the first time.
Answer 380 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Where,
The best person to contact is the Professor of Urology at the Grootte Schuur Hospital - if you have a medical aid, he will be able to tell you who to go to and if you don't they will be able to help you at the Urology department at GSH. Phone the hospital's switch board and ask them to put you through to the department of Urology's secretary.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9363 votes
67% - 19334 votes