Ask an expert

10 Jun 2004

Hi Doc. I developed what is called a KILOID , a bulging of the skin where the skin was stappled together. It's painfull at times resulting in scratching around it. What is a Kiloid, can it cause skin cancer?, will radiation help? (as suggested by one doctor) What are other related illnesses linked to this.
Answer 743 views

01 Jan 0001

Dongololo, a keloid is basically “crazy scar tissue”. It won’t cause cancer and radiation often makes it become more flat, but it won’t take the scar away. Another option would be to cut out the scar and to then treat it with cortisone or radiation afterwards to try and limit the scarring. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9465 votes
68% - 20204 votes