Ask an expert

14 Feb 2006

laying a complaint
how do i go about laying a compaint against a doctor?
this doctor gave out HIV test results over the phone to a female claiming to be be a legal gardian. when the family members tried to contact him to get the results he said he gave it out already and if we want to get the results again we have to make an appointment with him. he does not have the details of the person who he gave the results to. he is based in a hospital but the hospital said that the doctors only rent with them.
what is the best course of action that i can take?
Answer 373 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Lola,
You can contact the Health Professionals council in Pretoria - 012 338 9300
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.