Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
20 Feb 2003
Low blood pressure
My husband is a paramedic and has been monitoring my blood pressue as I have been feeling extremely tired. For the last few days it has ranged from 105/70 to 95/50. I know its supposed to be about 120/80. I am otherwise very healthy. I am 32 years old, 1.72 m and weigh 63 kg. What can I do to sort this out. I hate feeling like this.
Joelle, you have to make sure that it’s not due to a systemic problem like anaemia or something more serious – a visit to your GP should sort that out. You can then try taking something like Akrinor® or Effortil® to get the blood pressure up. They’re both safe drugs, but fairly expensive. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Are chemicals shrinking your penis and depleting your sperm? Here’s what the evidence really says
- ‘We have to be alert, not alarmed’ says KRISP director about B.1.617 variant identified in India
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Rare neurological condition linked to Covid infection in 21 countries
- THE ESKOM FILES | Flashy Eskom exec 'still owes us about a million bucks' says Pretoria builder
- US support on Covid-19 vaccine patents: This is how it happened
- SATURDAY PROFILE | From Sudan to SA: One man's journey from being called a spy to becoming a doctor
- Late interim leader’s son Misuzulu named Zulu king
- Did 'Vermeulen 4 Vunipola 0' influence Lions' selection shock?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20218 votes