Ask an expert

05 Mar 2003

Lumps under skin
My friend has lumps under his skin. The lumps aren't painful but very visible. He has been to a GP who has surgically removed some of the lumps. The GP hasn't indicated what or why he is getting these lumps. Pse advise what he should do or who he can see in the Western Cape.
Answer 326 views

01 Jan 0001

Concerned, it sounds like they might be lipomas (benign fat tumours) or sebaceous glands. Neither of them is dangerous and the only need to be removed if they cause him discomfort. Just have him phone his GP and have him confirm the diagnosis. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.