Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
24 May 2004
Pleae will you advise...I get the most horrendous cramp in my calf muscles at least twice a week. I am woken at night with it and have to try and get out of bed and put my foot onto the ground to get rid of it. The following few days afterwards my calf muscles ache. Is there something i can take for this. I am 45 years old and play alot of golf and tennis but do rehydrate well afterwards.
Sue, it might be due to an electrolyte (magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium) problem. You can try taking Slow-Mag® and Slow-K® for a week or so and see what happens. If it doesn’t clear up the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Struggling to convince someone who's vaccine-hesitant to get Covid-19 jab? Try this approach
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- Finding an HIV vaccine: Five lessons from the search for a Covid-19 jab
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets under way countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- OPINION | Berry lekker: How urban foraging is one way to help feed SA's hungry
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule ties ANC's hands
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20347 votes