Ask an expert

15 Feb 2006

Osteoporosis at a young age
I went for my first bone density test when i was 27 and they picked up that I had signs of osteoporosis. By the age of 29 my bones was in such a bad state that the doctor told me to use melcalsic. The medical aid does not want to cover this, and it is to expencive to buy. Is there something else i can use? I also get a hormone replacement every 3 months.
Hope you can help me.
Answer 412 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Ronell,
Ask your dr if you can use something like Fosamax or Evista which the medical aid may cover.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19881 votes