Ask an expert

24 Feb 2003

I has this feeling of an obstruction on my left side just under the edge of my rib cage that does not go away. It feels as if it wants to burst at times just before mt perion it is really painfull and casues slight pain in my heart area. Please advise what this could be and what type of doctor i should consult
Answer 369 views

01 Jan 0001

Loo, I can’t say for sure without examining you first, but it might be your stomach, part of your liver or your spleen. The best would be to have an ultrasound done and find out what it is. Once you know what it is I can tell you who to see. Good luck.
PS. Please post your reply as a new question and not below my reply because I won’t get your reply if you do. Good luck
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9474 votes
68% - 20305 votes