Ask an expert

25 Sep 2006

Pains everywhere!
Dear doctor...A few months ago I started experiencing sharp persistent abdominal pains. I had a spastic colon a few years ago which is now much better, but this pain doesn't feel like colon pain. It spreads to the upper and lower abdomen and to my left side. I had SIN3 removed from my cervix 2 years ago but my latest pap smear was clean. I also have scoliosis and don't know if that could explain the pain. Five days ago I woke up with an excruciatingly sore neck. That pain has now spread to my shoulder and back, I can't turn my head. I also experience pain during intimacy and sometimes have difficulty breathing in as my ribs are sore. Should I see an orthopaedic specialist or who else? Thank you!
Answer 346 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Suzie
I think you should first see your GP as there may be more than one thing causing these symptoms - I would at least do a urine test, a gyne exam, check your abdomen for swelling or impaction of fecies, and treat the neck spasm. You can then be referred to specialists for the things your GP can not treat by himself.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.