Ask an expert

21 May 2004

perthes (bone/leg/hip sickness in children
Is there a sickness as mentioned above
What is it?
Can it recur at an older age say 50?
Answer 325 views

01 Jan 0001

Johan, I think you're referring to Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease, a hip problem. Let me know and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.
PS. Please post your reply as a new question and not below my reply because I won’t get your reply if you do.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20314 votes