Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Mar 2003
Pins and Needles.
My B/P is 165/92. My colesterol is normal. I am 15kgs overweight. 51 year old female. My right arm aches from the elbow down into my hand which gets pins and needles frequently during the day. The ache in my wrist is sometimes quite bad so much so that I am afraid of dropping things should I pick something up. This has been going on for a few weeks. At night my legs ache like a lame pain from the knees the ankles and is so uncomfortable that I don't know how to lie down. (Legs up or down or hanging. Help this is rather disturbing!! It actually causes more stress.
Cabernet, it sounds like something might be pressing on the nerves the supply the affected area. It may be anywhere from where they exit the spinal column to just above the affected area. To find out exactly where and what will cost you a visit to your doctor. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Cloth masks can be as effective as surgical masks against Covid-19, new study reports
- Covid-19 causing strokes among young and healthy adults, global study finds
- No evidence yet that alcohol interferes with Covid-19 vaccines, but go slow on the drinks to be safe
- Moderna’s experimental booster shot protects against variants first discovered in SA and Brazil
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'There's no turning back': Magashule defiance raises talks of his possible expulsion
- Criminal cases opened against skipper of a virus-hit Kenyan cargo ship that docked in Gqeberha
- Emfuleni Municipality: We will pay a monthly flat rate of R600 until they clean our area, say residents
- What does the US support for a waiver of Covid-19 vaccine patent mean? We ask 5 experts
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9465 votes
68% - 20205 votes