Ask an expert

11 Jan 2006

Please can you let me know where I can find a gastro- enterology department of big academic hospital to do a Halitoses test in Capetown or any Western Cape area and Tel No. if possible. It will be greatly appreciated.

Ooh and what do I ask for when I arrange it is it a special test.

Thanks for the info , this has been the most exciting news the whole weeks.

Answer 528 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Mic, It is a test for sulphide in your breath - they test it with a "Halimeter" or gas chromatograph. also see Address: GI Clinic
E23 New Main Building
Groote Schuur Hospital
Observatory, 7925
South Africa

Tel: +27 (21) 404 3040/1
Fax: +27 (21) 447 0582

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.