Ask an expert

30 Aug 2007

Red inflimation on my genitals
For the past two months I am experiencing a red inflamtion on my genitals (when I pull my foreskin back and on the head). I have found that I could control this with ordinary soap and water, but if I don't wash for one day it becomes itchy, red and a bit swollen on the inner side of the foreskin.

I am married and it does not transfer to my wife, because we had intercourse quite a few times since I saw this. Any idea what it could be and are there any ointment for this?

I have read somewhere that males sometimes pick up a fungal infection on their private parts, but can easily be treated with an over-the-counter topical cream...could you give some brands or what one should ask for?

Please help. We are a very outdoor type of family and I want to be well before mour next bush holiday (where you often don't get the chance to wash everyday...
Answer 369 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear QED
It may be candida infection - try using Canesten vaginal cream on the area for 10 days - put on 3-4 times a day.

Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.