Ask an expert

01 Apr 2003

rib pain
Morning Doc
Please can you help me. I have terrible pain in my ribs in my back when I burp or drink something cold. I went to my doctor about it and he had no idea what it could be, just said that if it get worse to come back and he will send me to a specialist and do some tests. I know it sounds weird but I don't really want to have tests, all I would like is for it to identified and been given medicine to fix it. Maybe you could put some light on it.
Answer 334 views

01 Jan 0001

Bella, it sounds like it might be spasm of the oesophagus or that you have a hernia. The problem is that I have no way of proving it without examining you and (unfortunately) sending you for tests. The best would be to see a gastroenterologist (at least they don’t operate). :-) Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9471 votes
68% - 20282 votes