Ask an expert

30 Jan 2006

Scab under eye
Dear Doc
I need some advice.
A month ago i noticed a yellow/brownish discolouration under my eye, say where the soft tissue is. First I thought it was a bruise, then i thought it was a burn scar but it's been there for a month now almost 2 in fact and it feels kind of rough compared to the other soft skin.

I was wondering if it's some kind of fungal thing?? Or maybe a dermatitis? Its not going away and people keep asking me if I've smuged my makeup?

Regards and thanks
Answer 5,012 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Wings, It could be dermatitis. A fungus would spread and usually has a distinct edge. I would let a dermatologist look at it, seeing that it is so close to your eye.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19424 votes