Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
11 May 2004
seizure type attack after surgery
I had a cystoscopy, IU and polonoscopy as well as a laparoscopy performed on me last Friday. I got out of hospital three days later (yesterday). Last night, as I was falling asleep I was overcome by a sudden feeling of not being able to move - shaking, the feeling that my brain is being sucked out of my skull and seeing bluish cluster like pictures in front of my eyes. It didn't last long but I got the fright of my life and was too scared to fall asleep again. This morning I have a numbness in my head especially the left hand side and my neck feels stiff. I suffer from low blood pressure. Something like this has never happened to me. I am a 30 year old female. Please help.
Purdy, it’s a fairly common occurrence and nothing to worry about. You basically fell asleep “out of sync”. Your body fell asleep before your mind did and this caused the weird feeling. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Cloth masks can be as effective as surgical masks against Covid-19, new study reports
- Covid-19 causing strokes among young and healthy adults, global study finds
- No evidence yet that alcohol interferes with Covid-19 vaccines, but go slow on the drinks to be safe
- Moderna’s experimental booster shot protects against variants first discovered in SA and Brazil
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'There's no turning back': Magashule defiance raises talks of his possible expulsion
- Criminal cases opened against skipper of a virus-hit Kenyan cargo ship that docked in Gqeberha
- Emfuleni Municipality: We will pay a monthly flat rate of R600 until they clean our area, say residents
- What does the US support for a waiver of Covid-19 vaccine patent mean? We ask 4 experts
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9465 votes
68% - 20205 votes