Ask an expert

28 Jan 2010

Should I see a doc about my nose?
Hi Dr.

While i was playing with my 16mth old last night, my nose collided with one of her toys - hard.My eyes teared and I have a bump on the bridge of my nose. I have a headache and from my forehead down to my top teeth is aching. I have a feeling of presure in my sinus all the way to my ears. My skin isn' t bruised just red where the bump is.

Should I have it checked out?

Answer 323 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Natasha
If there is a bump that wasn't there before, yes, see your doctor, you may have cracked the bone of your nose.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20294 votes