Ask an expert
Question

29 Aug 2011

Side-effects of mold inhalation
We recently found out that we have a mold problem in our house, as there is a lack of ventalation. Yesterday, we cleaned out out cuboards and found mold everywhere! Im not sure how long the mold has been there, but eevr since we moved into the house, I had sinus problems, which I never struggled with before. Today, my chest feels a bit tight and I am coughing.

Is there any need to worry? Or should I just home-medicate myself?
Answer 402 views
Expert
CyberDoc
cyberdoc

01 Jan 0001

Ash

Mold spores can cause a nasty chest infection, as well as other complications, if inhaled. You should consult your doctor for an examination and rather not home-medicate yourself. Please refer to the following article on mold health issues: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mold_health_issues

Get rid of the mold as soon as possible.

Regards




Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Results
Yes
32% - 9438 votes
No
68% - 20008 votes
Vote