Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
11 Feb 2003
SORT OF PINS AND NEEDLES ON LEFT SIDE FACE
I HAVE HAD FOR THE LAST 2 MONTHS PINS AND NEEDLES OR MAYBE MORE NUMBNESS AROUND
MY LEFT SIDE OF MY FACE, THAT I HAVE TO SORT OF TOUCH MY FACE FEELING.. AND ALSO IN MY
LEFT FINGER AND OCCASIONALLY IN MY LEFT TOE...
COULD THIS BE BAD CIRCULATION, I HAVE BEEN TO A GP BUT HE THINKS IT IS NERVES,
I WORRY THAT IT COULD BE SOMETHING ELSE.
Charlene, it’s difficult to make a diagnosis, as your symptoms are fairly widespread and non-specific. The face symptoms sound like they might be due to a trapped nerve, but that won’t explain the symptoms in the toe. I still think it won’t be a bad idea to have x-rays of your neck taken, but I suppose the best would be to see a neurologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Are chemicals shrinking your penis and depleting your sperm? Here’s what the evidence really says
- ‘We have to be alert, not alarmed’ says KRISP director about B.1.617 variant identified in India
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Rare neurological condition linked to Covid infection in 21 countries
- THE ESKOM FILES | Flashy Eskom exec 'still owes us about a million bucks' says Pretoria builder
- US support on Covid-19 vaccine patents: This is how it happened
- SATURDAY PROFILE | From Sudan to SA: One man's journey from being called a spy to becoming a doctor
- Late interim leader’s son Misuzulu named Zulu king
- Did 'Vermeulen 4 Vunipola 0' influence Lions' selection shock?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20218 votes