Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Mar 2003
SWELLING ON MY NECK
I have lumps on my neck which are extremely painful when i touch them but i dont have problem when im eating i dont feel any pain. These lumps are giving me a stiff neck and im having problems with my ears. Ive been to the doctor three times but the medication he has given me has not helped me one bit and he says its just Tonsils they are swollen and red. What must i do now to get these lumps from making my life a misery. I like eating a lot of ice could this be the cause of the problem. PLEASE HELP BEFORE I GO CRAZY........
Angel, it’s a bit difficult to say what it is without being able to examine you, but it sounds like they might be swollen glands. It sounds like you had this for some time already, so maybe the best would be to get a second opinion from a different doctor and at least have a full blood count done. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Struggling to convince someone who's vaccine-hesitant to get Covid-19 jab? Try this approach
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- Finding an HIV vaccine: Five lessons from the search for a Covid-19 jab
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets under way countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- OPINION | Berry lekker: How urban foraging is one way to help feed SA's hungry
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule ties ANC's hands
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20347 votes