Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
01 Jun 2004
Terrible Head ache
Hi - I've had bad head aches since I was +-16 years, especially around the time of my periods. Each year the pain gets worse. The pain is so bad that it affects my vision and they last +-2-3days at a time, and I loose my appetite and vommit sometimes. My hearing is affected since I'm sensitive to sounds around me. I do not have a medical aid, and when I go to Jo'burg General they give me Ponado's and tell me to go to a specialist, which I can't afford. Please give me some advise! Many thanks!
Rebecca, it sounds like a form of migraine from this side of the screen. The cheapest would probably be to take something like Maxalt RPD® as soon as the symptoms start. If it works, it’s migraine; if it doesn’t work, you will have to see a neurologist. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- THE ESKOM FILES | Money for jam: StefStocks, Basil Read accused of fleecing millions from Kusile 'scheme'
- State alleges Nafiz Modack manages criminal enterprise
- How the EFF wants to change the Constitution
- Bruce Cameron | What you need to know about disability assurance and mental health
- Unfriendly fire: Top cop Khehla Sitole, fired Crime Intelligence boss Peter Jacobs trade blame over Kinnear murder
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9474 votes
68% - 20305 votes