Ask an expert

20 Apr 2004

tests for over 60s female
I am 61 and am a reasonably healthy female -have the usual pap and mammogram tests every few years and 2 years ago had a bone density test which was 100%. The only illnesses recently were shingles in my left leg and I have had a slipped disc. I am on no medication, do moderate exercise, am very conscious of healthy eating,but cancer of the liver is in the family as are strokes in old age.
What tests should I have to be pro-active? Do not wish to have unnecessary ones.
Answer 288 views

01 Jan 0001

LD, the minimum you should have done if you have no symptoms at all, are a good physical examination, an ECG, a lipogram and a full blood count. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9468 votes
68% - 20241 votes