Ask an expert

14 Mar 2003

Tiroied Adenoom - very urgent please
Hi please help - I do not know what the english for "adenoom" is - I whent for a sonar today and the medical report indicates 2 of these things on my thyroid(it was partialy removed about 4 years ago, and then i had to go for radiation or something to destroy the thyroid gland) - now these two "adenome" is growing alongside my thyroid, and one is about 4.2cm in size - what is it and where can i get more info on what this will do or what will happen in future - i have a lot of problems related to my thyroid.


Answer 638 views

01 Jan 0001

Thyroid, it’s called an adenoma and it’s a non-malignant nodule of thyroid tissue. The treatment is surgical removal.
If you have more specific questions, you’re welcome to ask them. Otherwise you can use “thyroid adenoma” as a search term and you should get 1000’s of hit. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.