Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
19 Apr 2004
Virus, back pain, abdominal pain righthandside
I have a constant pain in my lower back, when I sit down or lie down. It gets better when I am up and about. Eventually it moves into my upper back and neck and I get serious headaches. Do you have some suggestions for me. It sometimes feels like a virus has invaded my body. I know this sounds strange, but that is what it feels like.
WM, it sounds like you have a back or neck problem and that causes muscle spasm that leads to all your other problems. You can try drinking an anti-inflammatory like Voltaren® as soon as the symptoms start, but the best would be to see your doctor and have x-rays taken. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Anxiety around illness in childhood and adolescence can become chronic
- Strict public health measures associated with lower Covid-19 cases and deaths
- Lockdown dramatically increased stress levels and loss of sleep in mothers
- Covid-19: Move to a stricter lockdown level, experts warn as third wave looms
- Witnesses out to get me, Lucky Montana tells Zondo about his properties
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule suspension: Cue the battle of the ANC branches
- Taxpayers will foot the bill while ANC MPs 'step aside'
- Damian dilemma: Why Willemse is key to Stormers breaking duck
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9469 votes
68% - 20242 votes