Ask an expert

19 Jan 2010

Hey Doc
I have Vitaligo. Presently its not serious as the most obvious of it is on my elbow, but I do suspect I have it over my stomach and chest. I am not tan so its hard to tell (I plan of getting a tan so I can see for sure) and I do have it on my penis. I read that one of the most successful treatments is some sort of UV light, almost like tan bed, and that it has a very good success rate so far.

Do you know anything of this? Anywhere in Cape Town where I could get this done? If I do find that I' m right about having it across my stomach and chest then I would like to get it done.
I' m afraid it will spread over time and reach my face. I would like to sort it out while its still only covering small areas.

Answer 332 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Cameron
A dermatologist will be able to evaluate your skin and prescribe the suitable treatment. Ask your GP to refer you to one nearby>
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9465 votes
68% - 20207 votes