Ask an expert

15 Jan 2003

What can those be?
I have noticed two very small soft balls under the skin at the base of my penis (at the bottom) - I know it can't be cancer since they are not all the way down in my testicles, and neither are they attached to the base - the are part of the skin. It almost looks like 2 ingrown hair without a head - to be able pop them. They are not painful and do not seem to be getting bigger either. The skin around them are quite red though. I was just wondering what this could possably be and if it something I need to see my home doctor with or a specialist. Thank you.
Answer 222 views

01 Jan 0001

Jay-Dee, it sounds like they just may be slightly infected hair follicles. If it doesn’t clear up within the next couple of days or so, the best would be to see your GP so that we can all rest easier. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20230 votes