Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
09 Jan 2003
WHAT CAUSES WARTS
BOTH MY CHILDREN (YOUNGEST IS 3 YEARS OLDEST 15) HAVE WARTS. WHAT CAUSES THEM? I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT IT IS A VITAMIN DEFICIENCY BUT WHAT VITAMIN? WHAT CAN I DO TO PREVENT THEM GETTING WARTS. NEITHER MYSELF OR MY HUSBAND HAVE THIS PROBLEM.
Cindi, warts are caused by viruses and if you have a vitamin deficiency you might be more susceptible to them. Your children will eventually become immune to them and they will go away (that’s why adults don’t get warts). In the meantime you can get some Duofilm® from your pharmacy and take care of the ones that are there now. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- WHO to restart Covid trial to test if three existing drugs can save lives of hospitalised patients
- OPINION | Pilgrimage in a pandemic: Lessons from Mecca on containing Covid-19
- Mkhize's 3rd wave warning: 'He knows we will end up with trauma and suffering again'
- Steinhoff vows to 'vigorously defend' settlement proposal in wake of liquidation bid
- There is no basis 'to ask for a postponement of the elections' - IEC chair
- 20 years later: Pick n Pay’s failed retail pharmacy strategy
- Phahlane birthday bash saga: Court orders minister, two others to pay over officers arrested in 2011
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20291 votes