Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Mar 2003
Am i depressed or just fed up
I have been feeling teary, angry, irritable, resentfull and go through motions of "What is life about" for the last 4 months. These feelings bombard most of my day and I battle to cope with the smallest of task because i keep asking myself "what for?" . I am a 35 year old mother to 3 very demanding children, I work from home running a small business, and have a husband whom I dislike intensely at the moment.
Carol, it could be a depression brewing up. And you have more than enough reasons to be thoroughly fed up, too. The only way to be sure would be to see a shrink for a comprehensive asessment and advice as to the precise nature of the problem, and your best choice of ways to deal with it. It doesn't sound like a siation worth just ignoring, when either way, it can be relieved
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Ace: I do not fear expulsion
- THE ESKOM FILES | Money for jam: StefStocks, Basil Read accused of fleecing millions from Kusile 'scheme'
- State alleges Nafiz Modack manages criminal enterprise
- How the EFF wants to change the Constitution
- Bruce Cameron | What you need to know about disability assurance and mental health
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9474 votes
68% - 20305 votes