Ask an expert

15 Jun 2004

Any advise.
Hi there doc , well my problem is i have this friend lets say V
Ever since the day we met, I knew there was something different about him. We've been friends for about 3yrs now, and in that time I've fallen madly in love with him. He is unlike anybody I've ever known. He’s sweet, funny, kind, sensitive, and I consider myself lucky to have met him that night but the problem is he is my boyfriends friend . .... :(

You know, over the past year, we've become closer than I've ever been in a boy/girl friendship. We talk on the phone we play fight and i am just very confused at this point in time , i have been with my boyfriend for 5 years and these past two years we been fighting really bad, and i dont know if we have come to a stage in our lives that are we together coz its a comfort zone or coz we really cant be with out one another.

i am only 22 this year and for the first time in my whole life i have cheated on my boyfriend and with my friend but he was drunk and we just kissed . and i can't i think about him all the time , he makes me laugh smile and everything he is just AWESOME.. i get butterflys and yeah !!

My boyfriend is really good to me he is one of the good one , but we just seem to be off track.

And i told him the other day we need space and we should be friends again so that we can try be lovers again coz as a couple we aint working out anymore.

Now i told my friend that i was in love with him and yeah , i dont know ....

any advice!!
Answer 351 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi confused,
I wonder what's happening with your relationship with bf # 1 --- if you keep fighting, that doesn't sound like a comfort zone ! have you considered seeing a counsellor to clarify your mixed up feelings, and work out what it is you want, and from whom ? It hardly seems fair to keep bf1 dangling while you get more intimate with bf2, his good friend --- you could end up losing both of them, and spoiling the existing friendship between them.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.