Ask an expert

04 Sep 2007

appliying for maintenance
hi all

i have issues with the father of my child playing mind games with regard to maintenance. he pays sporadically and ussually after having made threats to go to court and after long arguments. i am sick of this and i wish to have something binding him.

please advice what is the process of doing so.
Answer 393 views

01 Jan 0001

Stop threatening him and actually GO to court. Talk with the people at your local Magistrate's / Maintenance COurt who should be able to help you. And when the court decides what maintenance he ought to pay, they can force him to pay properly and regularly.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9364 votes
67% - 19336 votes