Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
30 Oct 2008
I have posted before and explained my situation and asked if I should see a shrink, the answer was yes I needed to. I never made the effort to do so. My question is ... if I do see a shrink and get rid of the trauma`s whould I be able to stop with my bad habbits (smoking, drinking ect.) because I feel that it`s the reason why I`m doing it? Does medical aid (Discovery Keycare) cover shrinks?
You'll havwe to ask your medical aid about exactly what they do cover, but any medical aid worthy of respect should provide some cover for shrinks. And even before you deal with all the traums that bother you, you should, with proper treatment, be able to stop the bad habits of smoking and rinking, especially with a CBT type approach
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Physical inactivity linked to higher risk of severe Covid-19, hospitalisation and death
- Lockdowns can reduce the severity of Covid-19 epidemics – and genetic evidence proves it
- Killing Kinnear: Secret report reveals infighting contributed to cop's death
- Karyn Maughan | Mogoeng, Malema and the judges: Inside the JSC hearings that shook the judiciary
- New African Bank CEO is 'back to complete the unfinished business of transformation in SA banking'
- 'Julius Malema should be removed from JSC': 6 questions with Casac's Lawson Naidoo
- Ramaphosa on Mantashe cadre deployment comments: 'I will answer at the Zondo Commission'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19967 votes