Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
11 Nov 2008
Boss from hell, pls help
Guys I need help, I have been working for this bank for 11 months, My boss and I never had a good relationship from the start, Firstly I didn’ t have work to do, so after begging & fighting for work to do she manage to get work for me to another project which was on phase1 and now I’ m in phase 2 the project is going in live January and now she wants to take over from the project, and her reason is that my work is not up to standard and of which she has never complain before and i have just received compliments from the project team that my work is excellent she is giving me a project that she was working for of which she has done nothing. Please can anyone tell me how to handle this cause it’ s really frustrating me, I’ m going mad.
Sorry to hear about this, DS. Sounds like my banker ! IF you had to ask for work, that was clear evidence of a lousy boss. Now it sounds as though she wants to take over your project because you've done so well she wants to take credit for it. And tactically smart --- if it does well, that'll be because of her genius ; and if it fails even if this is due to her inadequacies, she can blame it on you. If your work wasn't good enough, it was her duty to tell you earlier and clearly, and in writing, and to help you do it better. Now she wants you to take over the project she failed at. IS there some way to have the project team's compliments put on record ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- How Taiwan beat Covid-19 – new study reveals clues to its success
- Why do children fare better than adults when infected with SARS-CoV-2? What latest research says
- Efforts to reduce coronavirus spread should focus on airborne transmission, not surfaces
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- ANALYSIS | As Zimbabwe observes its independence anniversary, is there much to celebrate?
- Ofentse Mokwena | Time to revisit the levy that is fuelling motorists' ire
- Jabulani Sikhakhane | Political greed is the biggest fire to put out
- Cape Town fire: UCT working on urgent safety plan to prevent future fire hazards
- Cape Town fire: Did 'heritage' trees and 'ember attacks' outsmart SANParks' fire preparation?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20008 votes