Ask an expert

19 Jan 2013

Broken Heart
I have trouble dealing with my husband''s infidelity. I accept it happened and I know he love me but my mind won''t let it go. I think about it and I don''t want to. It creaps up on me and the next thing I know ...I''m mad all over again. This isn''t fair to either of us. How do I make it stop haunting me?
Answer 228 views

01 Jan 0001

See a counsellor / psychotherapist, especially one offering CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) - it is excellent for heklping you review imhelpful recurring worries which are not helpful to keep fretting about, and for choosing the most fruitful ways to avoid bad recurring throughts and select more useful ways of facing problems. The way you describe this brings out an obsessive element in these ruminations, which can usefully be curbed.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
30% - 9645 votes
70% - 22646 votes