Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Oct 2008
..how I shd approach counseling seeing as I feel it will rob me of my purpose, which is to make him love me. U won’ t like this but I have found out the names, work and personal addresses of ppl he has dated since I met him. With the present girlfriend I have even done enough research to know who her doctor is. I feel so overwhelmed by this obsession it is now my thing. That means if I go for counseling and am ‘ healed’ , what will I be left with? I will have nothing left to me - this obsession is now my thing. It is all I have of him becoz i cannot have the man himself. HOw will i ever go to counseling if I feel this way?
Why have you settled for such a low aim in life ? There are so many great things you could achieve, so many purposes to enjoy reaching, so many better ambitions to have. Why do you discard all of those and insist only on tryign to force this one guy, who is surely much less great than many others you have passed by, to love you ? You're worth more than that ! You use the right word --- this has become an obsession, and an unwholesome one. But you misinterpret this. If you go for therapy and heal yourself of this obsession, you will in the process become free to be so much more, and to so so much more. YOu speak as though the obsession was a hobby or occupation, and as though it was the only one open to you. Don't underestimate yourself so much. IUts only because you have this obsession that you seem to find it hard to imagine that there can and will be so many more and better things ahead. Focussed only on this, you're not letting yourself see anything else --- free to do so, you'll wonder why you wasted so much time on so little.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Efforts to reduce coronavirus spread should focus on airborne transmission, not surfaces
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- How Taiwan beat Covid-19 – new study reveals clues to its success
- Cape Town fire: UCT working on urgent safety plan to prevent future fire hazards
- Cape Town fire: Did 'heritage' trees and 'ember attacks' outsmart SANParks' fire preparation?
- Gwede Mantashe, Thandi Modise not keen on parliamentary oversight committee on Presidency
- 'I was fulfilling a higher purpose' - Rabbi saves Torah from burning UCT building
- Did Tokyo Sexwale fall for a global conspiracy theory?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9436 votes
68% - 20004 votes